MKG’s Annual August Summer Camp! Live in your living room!
This year we are excited to be doing, in addition to all your good ol’ MKG stick, dagger, and empty handwork, a focus on big weapons. 6-foot staffs, spears, baseball bats, ax handles.
This is gonna be fun.
All current MKG Madison Students can contact me to receive a $20 off coupon code at registration.
As of July 13th, Public Health Madison & Dane County has issued Emergency Order #8 “which requires that everyone age 5 and older wear a face covering or mask when in any enclosed building where other people, except for members of the person’s own household or living unit, could be present. This requirement applies to all of Dane County.”
I understand that there are many feelings about this order. As I respect everyone and their opinions about this new order, we at MKG Madison do not have a choice in the matter. So, if you come inside the gym you MUST wear a face covering.
We understand that training with a face-covering comes with some risk. To comply with the new orders, I will do my best to provide class outside in the parking area (when the weather allows) so that we can continue to observe physical distancing and train without face-covering (if you wish too). Please check our Facebook Page to see if the class you are planning to attend we will be training outside. If rain is in the forecast, all classes will be held inside and will require a face-covering.
We are going to continue to Live Streaming Zoom classes for those that are not able to comply with Emergency Order #8.
Unfortunately, it is another blow to returning to classes as they were, but we are going to keep moving forward and rolling with the punches that 2020 seems to keep throwing.
Adding a new twist to Partner Training – Online lessons!
If you have a partner and are itching to get back to clicking sticks and smacking pads, but are not ready/able to get to the gym . . . WE GOT YOU!
Sign up for one of our private lesson time slots and send us a message letting us know that you would like to conduct your lesson from home. We will connect over Zoom and get you training. This a challenging time for everyone, but we will get through it together. And we know that exercise will help you maintain your physical and mental health. So, I am giving you every opportunity to stay healthy and keep moving.
There will be 2 types of opportunities.
MKG Kids and their families
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:00 pm
- Mondays – Thursdays at 4:00 pm
- Saturdays at 12 pm
MKG Adult Students
- Monday and Wednesdays at 6:00 pm
- Mondays – Thursdays at 7:00 pm
- Saturdays at 1 pm
Currently, we ask that you only reserve one class per week for you and your partner. This way everyone that would like an opportunity will get one. If we spots start filling up we will re-evaluate and add more slots.
If you have any questions about your specific situation contact us for clarification.
Let's get you set up!
Simply said, you can reserve a time the same way we have been registering for classes for the last month.
I have linked the video to right as a reminder.
The only thing I would add is that there are only 2 spots available for each time slot.
- Only reserve a time slot that you will be able to make. Don’t reserve a spot just in case.
- For adults, both students need to reserve their slots.
- For Kids, parents need to register their child and I will assume that you will be training with them. If you have 2 children that will be training together reserve a spot for each child.
- If you see someone has reserved a spot that you would like but is not your partner, that place has already be reserved.
Watch the video and follow those simple guidelines and you should be golden. If you have any issues please contact us right away so that we can reserve your spot!
Here's the skinny . . .
- First of all, if you chose to have your lesson here at the gym, as always, your safety is our main concern. We will still maintain all of our Covid-19 policies and procedure. (Reminder video to the right)
- Secondly, Guro Josh WILL NOT be anyone’s partner and He will be masked and maintaining at least 6 feet of physical distancing while you are training.
- Finally, you will be able to choose what you would like to work on. Come with a general idea of what you would like to do. This could include any of our class curricula:
- Kickboxing Essentials
- Stick to it
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
- Jun Fan/JKD
- Muay Thai
or Even just a workout!
This will help us make the most of your time. If you have any questions contact us and we will be happy to help.
New Covid-19 Related policies
New Check-In Procedures
MKG International Schedule
The MKG International On-Line Classes are still up and rolling!
If you are a current MKG Madison member you know you have access to all of these classes!
Take advantage of as many classes as you can this a unique opportunity to training with MKG Family from all over the world!
You are a member of any MKG International branch you should be receiving consistent emails for zoom meeting ids and updates!
If you are not a member, get connected with your neared MKG Branch to help you!
We look forward to seeing you all in classes this week! So get in here and get your reps in!
As always, we will be Training Safe, Training Hard and Having a ton of Fun!
Don’t miss out! See you at the gym!
Josh, Ruth and the MKG Staff